Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memorial Day weekend events

If you happen to be staying in town this weekend, I found something for you to attend!
renfest_2 medIt's the Virginia Renaissance Fair! I've attended this event before, but not at this winery. If you've attended the Maryland Renaissance Fare, this one is similar, only I think it's better. This fair is not as hugely attended so there is more room to roam. This fair has a different character, if you will, than the one in MD. It is much less commercial, it's more raw but in a good way! You can read more about it here.
This great event is only running until June 14th, weekends only. If you're interested in a particular theme, here is a listing of what they're offering this year. This weekend the theme is Military History. All Active, Reserve and Retired Military admitted free this weekend with Military ID, in appreciation for their service (The photo was taken at the MD Renn Fest 2002).

I highly recommend that you attend this fair. Come back and let me know what you thought of it!

Huzzah!

On Monday there are also a number of Memorial Day events around town. From a parade to more serious memorial services.


And don't forget next week is the long awaited Herndon Festival! I love carnivals and fairs! This festival is one of my favorites. I'll post more about it later in the week.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! You know the drill; be safe, don't drink and drive, and use sunblock!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share what's on your mind!