Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's Nutcracker Time!

The first time I went to see the Nutcracker at the Kennedy Center was when I was probably nine years old. It was the real deal, with men in tights, gorgeous women in costume and an orchestra. I don't think I will ever forget it. It was so, so amazing.

You don't have to wait for your kids to be nine years old though... nor do you have to travel to DC to get a similar experience. There are so many amazing and professional Nutcracker performances right here in our own backyard.

Throughout my years of living in this area, I have attended various performances of the Nutcracker performed by different companies. I have rarely been disappointed. So, if you have little ones at home and you're ready for them to experience the most breath-taking of all performances in living color, check out this listing of local performances.

I'd be happy to recommend a particular one to you offline. Just drop me an e-mail.

Stay tuned for listings of other Holiday performances such as A Christmas Carol and The Messiah.

Enjoy this little snippet of The Dance of Sugar Plum Fairies.




Or the Russian Dance



I could go on and on... but I know you can browse through YouTube yourself.

I hope watching these helped get you in the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share what's on your mind!